Friday, March 27, 2009

Sorry Reese, I Just Didn’t Get It

For the longest time, I wondered why Reese Witherspoon seemed to be distancing herself from what, for me, was one of my favorite movies, Freeway (1996). Sure, she played a somewhat earthy Vanessa Lutz, but she did it sooo well. Really, oscar performance in Walk The Line aside, I believe this was some of her best work.

Then, today, I saw the sprightly mother-of-two bound onto the stage of the Ellen show, looking much more like her Legally Blonde character Elle Woods and I finally got it – this is who Reese Witherspoon wants to be. And that is definitely her prerogative. As a responsible mother, America’s Sweetheart has the right to deny the existence of Freeway, at least until her little ones are old enough to understand.

For my part, when asked, from now on, I’ll list, as my favorite Reese Witherspoon movies, Legally Blonde and Sweet Home Alabama. Freeway? Nope, sorry, never heard of it. In fact, if you come across a copy of it, Reese and I would consider it a personal favor if you would just throw it into the fire. Thanks.

No comments: