Thursday, October 15, 2009

No Sweat Religion

If following a religion kills people, it is, by definition, a bad religion and a foolhardy waste of time. An alternative perspective exists within me and I feel compelled to share it with you.

My religion doesn’t require or recommend spiritual retreats. It considers them a waste of time. Every moment of every day, no matter where you are, you are engaged in life and positioned on a spiritual plane. Like it or not, so it is. I would prefer you don’t meditate, or medicate, or, for that matter, pray or prey. These things only cloud and obscure The Truth which we seek.

Love? No, I’m sorry. There’s no place for love in this religion. Nor, hate. Let’s try to keep the emotions in check as much as possible. I have it on good authority that they are merely autonomic responses to our visceral environment, anyway. Abandoning emotion is a necessity for achieving Oneness the goal of Altruistic Aceyteeism. It takes some work, but in time it will become first nature.

For example, take my own path. Because of the circumstances of my early life, for many years upon meeting someone I always took for granted that he or she did not like me. This sense was so ingrained that without thinking I reacted to all strangers as if they were enemies. Of course, now, I realize how wasteful and counter-productive this was and how it prevented me from experiencing what was actually going on. It kept me from The Truth. Now that I meet people without expectations and without activating automatic defense systems, I am able to view them as they are or, in the vernacular or our religion, I can See them.

Now, that I have attained The Oneness, as you will in time, I can glide through the day not hating, not loving, just seeing and being and understanding. Call it Peace, call it Bliss, call it Nirvana, but don't call it Kurt Cobain. Just kidding. So, it is.

Unlike many organized religions, mine does not rely on collection plates or baskets. I do, however, take donations which I accept with no emotion whatsoever.









No comments: