Thursday, June 16, 2011

Book Talk With Ace Toscano

To make a long story short, I bought myself a Toshiba mini-notebook which has a built in webcam and microphone. So, screwing around, I made a couple videos of myself reading my pool poems. It was rather involved, getting them on the internet, because I don't have wireless service and all the neighbors I used to leach off of have moved back north for the summer. I had to save the videos on a zip drive, then transfer them to my pc which is hooked up to the internet. This seemed like a lot of work, so I got it into my head to get myself a webcam and hook it up to the pc. I looked on eBay and found a listing from China for the "20.0 Mega USB 6 LED Webcam Web Camera PC Lapton + Mic pho" for the reasonable price of $4.95. It was an adventure getting the thing to work, but eventually I found the free version of Debut Video Capture Software and along with Solid Video Converter Ultimate everything got to working just fine. Anyway, here's the first video shot with my new webcam. Its just me speaking off the top of my head, trying things out, so don't get excited if there's not much substance.


No comments: