Monday, April 15, 2019

My Days at Dover Taxi - Remembering Things Past



Funny, the things that pop into your mind. This song, a cabdriver's lament, was composed nearly 50 years ago and performed in the waiting area of the taxi office. I dedicate it to the memory to all those who lost their minds, or at least part of them, in the service of Dover Taxi of Dover, NJ.



The Ol' Airball Express

Forget about 3 Summers
and those trips to Kennedy,
I”m sending you to Victory Gardens -
Go pick up 303.
And, if that ain't to your liking,
Wait till you hear the next address.
Don't you know you're riding
On the ol' airball express.

Do you remember Thursday?
You were sitting on your mike.
I think I heard you tell your fare
I wasn't very bright.
There's a good one at the station
And a stiff down on De Pew.
It won't be hard to figure out
Which one I'm giving you.

(Repeat ad infinitum,
or until the police drag you away.)

No comments: