Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Foxy Ladies

Uppy – that’s my wife, the former Cynthia Uppington-Smythe – was in a tizzy when she clicked on our local ABC affiliate, channel 11, a couple weeks back at 10 AM and did not find Martha Stewart. I pledged to get to the bottom of this outrageous caper and within a couple days discovered that Martha would be premiering her new season on channel 13, Fox, at 11 AM the following Monday. Thank goodness. I hate for Uppy to suffer even the tiniest disappointment. What’s good about the new time slot is it puts the “good thing” up against Whoopi and Company’s “View” and the Bob Barkerless “Price Is Right,” and offers midday viewers something that’s a little more palatable to go along with their lunches.

Fox is also the home of two of my favorite returns from last season, “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” and “Bones.” (That reminds me… did you hear Heidi Klum refer to the show as “The Bones” the other night at the Emmies? I’m going to go out on a limb, here, and say I don’t think Heidi’s a regular viewer.)

I’ve read a few negative comments and reviews about T: TSCC that propose the show is somehow lacking and in need of another element. Bulllloney! The show is great just the way it is. Sarah, John and Cameron are living on the edge, always on the brink of disaster. I don’t see how a plot could want more tension and anxiety.

Bones is another great show. I’ve read a few of Kathy Reichs novels. They’re okay but their protagonist is far less original than the Temperance Brennan of the TV series.

Those – Martha, Sarah & Tempe – are my foxy ladies. Who did you think I was referring to? Paula Abdul?

No comments: