Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This ‘n’ That

For Your Adopting Pleasure
Just wanted to inform Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt that I am an orphan and that I am available for and would be open to their adoption of me. Please hurry – conditions in this old fogies’ trailer park are deplorable. Now, moving on…

ER Gets Last Rites
I’ve been watching ER since it started back in 1994. I remember the big hoopla surrounding the premiers of two hospital shows that year, one on NBC, the other on CBS. The CBS offering, I believe, was Chicago Hope, but, whatever it was, it has long since died. ER, on the contrary, kept rolling along. I was prepared to stick with it to the end but with the early departures of Maura Tierney (Doctor Abby Lockhart) and Mekhi Phifer (Dr. Greg Pratt), I’m left without characters I care about. So, for me, ER is over. I might tune in for the finale but I don’t care what happens between now and then.

Electile Dysfunction
The bad news is that McCain or Obama is going to be our next president. Personally, I don’t care which. After being around for as long as I have been and seeing as many new presidents as I have seen come into office, I think it’s a pretty safe bet that neither one of them would do anything for me.

Much more interesting to me is the local Pasco County Sheriff’s race. I’m hoping Democratic candidate Kim Bogart ousts incumbent Bob White. Here’s why I can’t support Bob White. A couple years ago my wife was at work when she noticed a couple suspicious looking women heading for the exit of the building where she worked. Instinctively, she hurried back to the room where she stored her purse and discovered her wallet containing $200 in cash and several credit cards was missing. She immediately notified her boss and then called me at home. I got on the horn with the credit card people and the customer service rep told me the card had been used to pay for gas ten minutes earlier, and at that very moment someone was trying to charge cigarettes with it at our local Kmart. I got off the phone pronto and called the Sheriff’s office, explaining that the culprits were in the Kmart at that very moment. I was told they couldn't help me until I got the bill that contained the fraudulent charges. Then I should bring it into their office. Can you imagine? My wife even had a description of the car the women were driving, yet the deputies were too lazy to get off their asses. Yeah, I think Bogart deserves a shot.

Blasts From The Past Immortalized
I found a cassette containing recordings made by me and my friends (Acey T and the Perfect Strangers) of three songs I wrote back in the early 80’s. I loaded them onto my PC, converted them into MP3s and uploaded them onto a couple sites on the internet:
Reverbnation
Myspace Music
Check 'em out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, sometimes the rules of evidence require certain things that may seem counterintuitive. Also, with the time delay involved going through three people, it would be unlikely that a person buying cigarettes would still be there when the deputy arrived. We would like to look into it and have someone contact you and explain the situation and update you on the progress of the case, pull the tapes to see if we could have handled it better, and better explain some of our limitations that are specific to your case. Call the Sheriff’s Office (727) 844-7705 and leave your information (name and case number, etc). and someone WILL respond.