Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Buck Stops Here

I’m not a Republican. I didn’t vote for Barack Obama for other reasons. First, I was a fervent Hillary Supporter. Second, I didn’t like the way she was treated by the Democratic Party. Third, I didn’t like the influence on the nominating process given to the superdelegates. As a result, I’m no longer a Democrat.

Still, though I was not personally invested in the fantastic dreams of his supporters, I still wished our new president well and hoped for his success. Unfortunately, less than two weeks into his presidency, reality has set in. In Washington, as always, it’s politics as usual.

The Republicans, you know, those people who spent us into a stupor during the Bush years, are once again, just as they were during the Clinton presidency, dead set against spending. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started clamoring for a balanced budget.

Politicians appear daily on the morning news show and are never asked meaningful questions or forced to face reality. The media are treating the Governor Rod Blagojevich situation as though it’s some kind of aberration. It’s not – he’s just the latest crook to get caught. So, in the spirit of truth in journalism, I’m going to come right out and say it: politicians are crooks. Surprise!

No comments: