Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson

Often the object of ridicule, sometimes deservingly, the self-proclaimed King of Pop Michael Jackson died suddenly, yesterday, in LA. I was never a big fan of Michael, but I recognized his talent. I’m sure his family will miss him since for the most part they all rode on his coattails – they shared his name but not his talent. He was their meal ticket. Any recognition that came their way was directly or indirectly because of him. Jackson was the consummate entertainer – he could really put on a show. His passing at such a young age is tragic as was his life.

1 comment:

Jo A. T.B. said...

I totally agree, I do think Janet was talented too! I loved to watch Michael dance, I only wish I had seen one of his concerts!

He was certainly mesmerizing, one of a kind performer!

At least Michael Jackson had recoginition at the height of his career. Many never even acheive or reach this pinacle!