Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tiger Woods: Now, He’s Human

Whoduhthunkit – Tiger’s human. And, come to find out, stupid, too.

Of course, this is no surprise to me since I’ve been trying to convince my friends of this for some time. My contention was and is that Eldrick Tont "Tiger" Woods was a user of performance enhancing drugs, a/k/a steroids. “No, not Tiger,” my Woods worshipping pals would declare. “He would never cheat!”

Blah blah blah… We all know now that that is not the case – he’ll cheat and he’ll cheat again. What makes it worse, now that we know his first response when confronted with the unflattering truth is to lie, he swore time and time again that he did not use performance enhancers. We have to be skeptical here. Add to this the amazing coincidence that he decided to pull the plug on the 2008 season just one week before regular testing was to be implemented. That “bad knee” business that enabled him to play all year up to that point was a pretty convenient excuse for dropping out of sight and cleaning up those vital fluids.

I know there are a lot of golf fans out there who prefer to think of El Tigre as just another Superman. But, if you ask me, he’s only human.

1 comment:

Ace Toscano said...

Well, there you go again. I've been voicing the possibility that El Tigre has been using performance enhancers for years. It's simple. When someone is head and shoulders above the competition, you have to be suspicious. Like Barry Bonds in 2001. (Jeez, I can't believe it's been that long.) Now, it comes out that Dr. Anthony Galea is being investigated by the FBI for supplying pro athletes with steroids and hgh. When Tiger was slow to heal after his knee injury, Galea made several trips to the golfer's house for treatment. I know, you die hard Tiger fans still don't want to believe it but maybe you will after the next revelation, and the next after that.