Monday, December 20, 2010

Top Ten Jazz Albums of 2010

-->


My taste in music is eclectic. On any given day, you might catch me groovin’ to a diverse mix that might include B.o.B, Bruno Mars, The Black Eyed Peas, and Dianna Krall. Of late, though, I’ve been mostly into Jazz. In the process of checkin’ out which albums to add to my stash, I came across several diverse 2010 Top Ten Album lists. Among those listers are Spinner, Slate, Jazzology, Mike Luriguen and Geoffrey Himes. Let's add my Top Ten Jazz Albums of 2010 to the mix.

Ten










1. Jason Moran, 'Ten' (Blue Note)

Apex (Dig)










2. Rudresh Mahanthappa & Bunky Green: Apex (Pi)

Silent Movies

3. Marc Ribot, 'Silent Movies' (Pi)

The Cycle of Love


4. Maurice Brown "The Cycle
Of Love"

Jasmine

5. Keith Jarrett/Charlie Haden, 'Jasmine'


Domandor De Huellas

6. Guillermo Klein, 'Domador De Huellas'

Harvesting Semblances & Affinities

7. Steve Coleman and the Five Elements "Harvesting Semblances and Affinities"

Flying Toward the Sound (Dig)

8. Geri Allen, 'Flying Toward The Sound'

Spirit Moves

9. Dave Douglas & Keystone: Spark of Being (Greenleaf)

Whirl

10. Fred Hersch, 'Whirl' (Palmetto)

4d

10. Matthew Shipp, '4D' (Thirsty Ear)


There was a tie for tenth place on my list, so I guess, technically, it's a top eleven list. You might want to check out my Top Ten Jazz Albums of All Time.

No comments: