Monday, May 2, 2011

Criminal Intent: Goren and Eames Return To Say Good-Bye

Season 10 of USA network's Law and Order: Criminal Intent began with a bang, or, actually, with a couple bangs as, once again, murder was on the menu.

First to meet the reaper was call girl Sara Bell who met her bad end shortly after an appearance at a party at fashion designer Nyle Brite's pad winds up wrapped up in a rug in her apartment with two bullet holes in her. Witnesses noted that the site of Ms Bell so upset the drugged up party animal Brite (Jay Mohr) that he ended the party on the spot and ordered everyone out of his house. This morsel instantly placed him on Goren and Eames's list of suspects but a little due diligence soon revealed that the reason Brite was upset was the fact that Sara Bell was his daughter. He admitted to clocking her up aside the head but swore he didn't kill her. Brite was removed from suspicion when he, too, was found dead.

I have to admit, the resurrection of CI caught me by surprise. A big fan of the Goren and Eames version, I thought the series had breathed its last. Then, I caught a promo and a front page preview on the Sunday paper's TV insert and my pulse started to race. But, alas, I soon learned that this is being billed as "The Final Season," and I couldn't help wondering "Why bring it back only to kill it again."

TV execs seldom make sense to me.

No comments: